Monday, December 3, 2007

The hunt for a good Santa

Angus and I ventured into Myer Melbourne today to visit Santa and hopefully get in before the mad Christmas rush!

Oops! Too late!!

We waited well over an hour in the Santa queue only to be rushed through, onto Santa's lap, snap, snap, snap, three photo's taken, quick choose the best one, and now out the door with what felt like a swift kick up the bum! Then it was off to the photo booth to have the photo's thrust into my hands, money taken and away we were. It all happened so fast (the photo bit, not the queue!) it was only when I walked away that I actually got a good look at the photo for the first time. And what a disappointing photo it was! Angus had spent so long being so good in the queue that as soon as he was plonked on Santa's knee, he began to cry. And why wouldn't you, Santa was hardly warm and welcoming with his comment "sometime's you've just gotta take what you can get, smile or no smile". Hmmm, thanks Santa for your words of wisdom!

I guess the name of Santa's kingdom said it all - Santa's Factory. Get 'em in, take their money, get 'em out.

So now, with one solemn-looking-Angus-with-Santa photo under our belts, we are on a mission... to find a nice Santa who has the time to make us smile! Wish us luck - something tells me we're going to need it!

1 comment:

Jo said...

We've never done the shopping centre santa thing - and after reading your post I don't think that we will be in any rush to.

any chance that Poppy will hire a santa suit? Angus would be mighty happy sitting on his lap and you could take all of the photos in the world... just a thought :)